Thursday, February 25, 2010

Nehemiah 4:16-23

We must watch always against spiritual enemies, and not expect that our warfare will be over until our work has ended.

The word of God is the sword of the Spirit, which we ought to have always at hand, and never have to seek for it, either in our labours, or in our conflicts, as Christians.

Every true Christian is both a laborer and a soldier, working with one hand, and fighting with the other.

Satan fears to assault the watchful Christian; or, if attacked, the Lord fights for him. We must never take off our armor until our work and warfare are ended; then we shall be welcomed to the rest and joy of our Lord.

3 comments:

  1. Betty - I think this commentary addresses your comments on the earlier post. (regarding spiritual warfare).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've finally caught up! Sorry that i was absent.

    I was struck by two things--one was back in Ch. 3 where the account was given of how each worker was repairing the assigned section of the wall. I noticed that DAUGHTERS helped in one section. Woohoo! :D Daughters helped to rebuild the wall.

    And, then, in the last post, the statement that caught your eye also caught mine. I reread it several times. Prayerfulness and watchfulness---sloth and pride--tempting God and Slighting Him. Oh, my.

    I had never thought of it that way.

    Well, daughters helped to build the wall and they can hold a sword, too! We will watch and pray.

    Thanks for doing this!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beth, honest I'm not reading ahead. I need to talk with Pastor Phil about the leading God has given me. I know some prayer warriors so I'm going to ask Pastor Phil about setting up a time to pray through the church. The good news is in God's economy, we can pray any place, not necessarily in the place where it is needed. Good thing God is not bound by our rules of time and space. Amen and amen.

    ReplyDelete